Friday, December 9, 2011

Handquilted Nine Patch


What a project this has been! I needed to use up scraps, so I put together a 70" x70" top. I  really don't why  I left it a square shape  (HMM ??)  but I did and then I started handquilting it ...  over a year ago. A thumb \hand issue put  handquilting on the back burner. Surgery fixed the problem, but the recovery took a long time. So with a new and improved  thumb  the UFO (unfinished  object)  made a reappearance. OH  happy day.. another UFO done! This would easily cover a twin bed, or make a great large couch quilt  or a good sized wall quilt. The hand quilting is cross-hatched over the center squares and the border is kind of a  half shell  pattern. If handquilting didn't take so long I would probably do more of it, but it's time consuming and  there's all this fabric in my sewing room calling my name. My next project... an outside wallhanging to replace the faded, tired looking one that's
hanging out there now. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment