Sunday, August 21, 2011

Beating the heat


 Such a great looking family!! The heat is on and we took a vacation to Minnesota to cool down. Nothing is better than being by the water when the temp soars. We did some fishing, girls water skied, and visited with lots of family and friends  and the best part... just relaxed!




We came back to a parched farm. Very little rain has fallen since July. The lawns are brown and cracks are huge in the fields. Just out of curiosity I dropped the yard stick in a crack and it went down 19"!!! Wow.. wasn't expecting that. Not much we can do about it...  turn the sprinkler on the garden veggies... and cross our fingers the rain gods bring some relief in the very near future.
In the meantime.. A couple of friends convinced me to try my hand at selling some quilts and baby bibs at a craft show . I am happy to say it was worth my time,  but I"m not sure how often I will be doing that.. and finally, the bottom quilt - I made and donated to a benefit. I loved the Max & Whiskers fabric so much, I made another one!
Hope everyone takes some time to relax and enjoy the summer. Fall is knocking on the door. Love that season too!







No comments:

Post a Comment